Benefits of Membership
Your membership helps support the programs through which SSPI works to make the satellite industry one of the world's best at attracting and managing the talent that powers innovation. For members, benefits include:
- Access to a professional network reaching every sector of the business in more than 40 countries.
- Participation in local chapters and affiliates, including regular meetings and social events that connect you face-to-face with colleagues.
- Discounts on registration for conferences and tickets to SSPI social and networking events including the Hall of Fame Reception and the Future Leaders Dinner.
- Additional networking opportunities through SSPI's LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
- The right to nominate individuals and companies for the Satellite Hall of Fame, Promise & Mentor Awards and the Better Satellite World Awards
You are joining a member society of 3,800 professionals in 40+ countries, with a network of local chapters in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. Originating in the 1980s, SSPI has been proud to welcome to its membership leaders including:
- James Van Allen, for whom the "Van Allen Belt" is named
- Sir Arthur C. Clarke, author and the first person to suggest the concept of geostationary satellites
- Eddy Hartenstein, co-founder and long-time CEO of DIRECTV
- U.R. Rao, founder of India's space and satelite program and the Indian Space Research Organization
- Guiliano Berretta, former CEO of Eutelsat
- Robert Briskman, co-founder of Sirius Satellite Radio
- Masnori Akiyama, former CEO, Sky Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Mark Dankberg, co-founder and CEO of ViaSat and its Exede satellite broadband service
- Robert Zitter, former Chief Technology Officer of HBO
Why has Rich Wolf, former Vice President of Telecommunications & Distribution for ABC, been an SSPI Board member,
president and chairman? Find out!
SSPI members can log in and search our directory of nearly 4,000 satelite professionals around the world.