II. Who we are
The Society of Satellite Professionals International, dba Space & Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) is managed by the Intelligent Communities Group (ICG). SSPI (in this privacy statement referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”) is the controller, and is responsible for your personal data.
Questions about this policy can be directed to:
Space & Satellite Professionals International
Tamara Bond-Williams, Membership Director
250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10177 USA
III. Changes to Policy, and Data Upkeep
IV. What information we collect about you
In order to provide you with benefits associated with your membership or other participation with SSPI, and in pursuance of our interest in understanding how you use our site, we collect information about you, either directly or indirectly, as follows:
- Identity Data: including name, username (or similar identifier), suffice, title, professional or scholastic organization, job title, scholastic level, honors conferred by SSPI.
- Contact Data: including billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers, and social media links.
- Technical Data: including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, chapter election, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: including information on you use our website, products, services
We also collect, use and share aggregated data, such as statistical or demographic data, for use for any purpose. Aggregated data is derived from, but not the same as personal data, inasmuch as your personal identity cannot be revealed directly or indirectly from aggregated data.
We do not collect “special categories” of personal data, as a rule. “Special categories” are, for instance, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. Such information may be given to us voluntarily in consideration of scholarship applications (for instance). When we collect such information in those instances, they are used exclusively for that purpose.
V. How we collect your personal data
We use several methods to collect data from and about you. These include:
Direct Interactions: you may give us your name, contact details, and financial information by filling in forms, or by contacting us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for membership;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our services or publications
- Request marketing to be sent to you
- Enter a competition, promotion, or survey
- Register for an event
- Purchase items online
- Give us feedback
Automated technologies or interactions: as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
The websites may use the following cookies on each page:
- Session cookies - to enhance your browsing quality by allowing SSPI to know what pages you visit on this website and others.
- Google Analytics - we use this information to compile reports on website usage, visitor sources and analyze browser versions.
- YouTube cookies - may be set on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player. YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Third-parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third-parties or public sources, as follows:
Technical Data from the following sources
- Google Analytics
Contact and Financial information from the following sources
- ECWid (third-party online store)
- Local SSPI Chapter events
- EventBrite, EventFarm, and other online event registration providers
- LinkedIn integration (user profile option)
VI. How we use your personal data
SSPI does not sell or share your personal data. We utilize your data to fulfill your membership benefits or to make you aware of membership benefits and programs. We will also share your information in instances where required by law. We will seek your opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third-parties for marketing purposes.
We work with third-party platforms to provide services to you. These include:
- PayPal and Stripe payment processors
- QuickBooks accounting software
- Mailchimp and Constant Contact email processors
- SurveyMonkey survey platform
These platforms have their own privacy policies which you may review by visiting their sites.
Your personal data is securely retained in our membership database, and other databases (such as listed in the above third-party platforms). You always have the right to request your data be deleted from any or all of these databases. Doing so may result in loss of services.
VII. Opting Out
All of our email communications include the option to OPT OUT of communications. As you may be included on more than one communications list, please opt out of each communication which you no longer wish to receive. You may also opt out of communications by writing to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out does not delete your personal data from our databases in case of membership, subscriptions or purchases.
SSPI has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed inappropriately. Your data is limited to use by SSPI personnel, contractors, vendors and other third-parties only to the extent that is needed to fulfill services to you.
On written request from you, we will provide details of any personal information which you have provided to us (this may be at a small charge and/or cease to make use of your personal information for the purposes described above.) We may require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. This is to safeguard the security of your information. You may forward any request to email@example.com.